APRIL 2017 +260 books sold during the first year after being published
APRIL 2016 Book published
An introduction to fish migration
Morais P & Daverat F (editors) (2016) An introduction to fish migration. Boca Raton, Florida (USA). CRC Press. 307p. ISBN 9781498718738
Scheme of the trophic pathways where estuarine jellyfish intervene.
Morais et al. (2017) (CLICK HERE)
New non-indigenous species identified in the Guadiana estuary
Weakfish Cynoscion regalis (Bloch & Schneider, 1801) (Sciaenidae) is native from the northwest Atlantic Ocean, and a single specimen of this species was collected by professional fishermen in the Guadiana estuary (SW Iberian Peninsula, Europe) on June 16th, 2016. This specimen was identified by P. Morais.
Common Portuguese name
SPECIAL ISSUE - CALL FOR PAPERS
Disruption of natural river flow regimes: an opportunity for non-indigenous species and the need for new management practices
Editors: Pedro Morais, Maria Alexandra Teodósio
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2018
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
PAPERS PUBLISHED OR SUBMITTED IN 2018
6. Morais P, Gaspar M, Garel E, Baptista V, Cruz J, Cerveira I, Leitão F, Teodósio MA (accepted) The Atlantic blue crab Callinectes sapidus Rathbun, 1896 expands its non-native distribution into the Ria Formosa lagoon and the Guadiana estuary (SW-Iberian Peninsula, Europe). BioInvasions Records.
5. Morais P, Dias E, Cerveira I, Carlson SM, Johnson, RC, Sturrock A (submitted) How scientists reveal the secret migrations of fish. Frontiers for Young Minds.
4. Cruz J, Morais P, Mocuba JJ, Baptista V, Cerveira I, Pereira V, Valente MS, Leitão F, Teodósio MA (accepted). The inevitable invasion of Portuguese estuarine ecosystems by the ctenophore Mnemiopsis leidyi A. Agassiz 1865: invasion routes and potential ecological impacts. BioInvasions Records.
3. Dias E, Barros AG, Antunes C, Morais P (submitted) Estuarine habitat use of diadromous flatfish larvae supports evidence of species behavioral plasticity. Estuaries and Coasts.
2. Amorim K, Mattmüller R, Algueró-Muñiz M, Meunier C, Alvarez-Fernandez S, Boersma M, Morais P, Teodósio MA (2018) Winter river discharge may regulate summer estuarine jellyfish blooms. Marine Ecology Progress Series 591:253-265. doi: 10.3354/meps12356.
1. Morais P, Reichard M (2018) Cryptic invasions: a review. Science of the Total Environment 613-614: 1438-1448. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.06.133 (CLICK HERE)